Price (CAD): $650.00
Ce cours vise à introduire les enseignantes et enseignants aux trois programmes du français langue seconde : le programme cadre, le programme intensif et le programme d’immersion. Le cours parcourt les théories sur l’apprentissage d’une langue seconde et les stratégies courantes pour enseigner le français en salle de classe de façon engageante. La gestion de classe et l’évaluation feront également partie des thèmes importants du cours.
- Certificate of Qualification and Registration or Interim Certificate of Qualification and Registration (ICQR) or ICQR (Limited) with the Ontario College of Teachers.
- Basic Qualifications in Primary or Junior divisions or Intermediate or Senior divisions in general studies
- Proficiency in oral and written French.
FSL Part 1 Proficiency Test
The underlying purpose of the additional qualification course French as a Second Language, Part I is to develop awareness and understanding of classroom theory and practice in French as a Second Language. The course supports the expectations outlined in the Ministry of Education curriculum policy documents, programs and other Ministry of Education policies.
Please register for the proficiency test (if required) before you register for the course. When you are successful on the test, you can then register for the course. This test will occur virtually. Candidates will log into the online test using the same username and password obtained from registering. Once logged into the test, there will be instructions explaining how to complete the test and how to submit the written component. Once the written component is submitted, arrangements for completing the oral test over the phone will be emailed.
Please register online for the French proficiency test using the online registration system by clicking on the red registration button. The cost of the test is $75. If you are unsuccessful on the proficiency test, you may try again at a later time in the year. You should register for the test first and then when successful register for the Part 1 course.
The following qualifications would exempt candidates from the proficiency test:
- have a bilingual certificate (from high school French Immersion)
- Graduated from a Francophone Secondary School
- have a major in French language, linguistics or literature
- have a B.Ed in a Francophone B.Ed program
- have the DELF level B2
(you will need to provide proof of one of the above before being exempt from the proficiency test)
Register for this course by clicking on the red ‘Register’ button above