Professional, credible, trusted
ETFO AQ offers Additional Qualification (AQ) courses to educators on behalf of ETFO, the union representing over 83,000 elementary, secondary, and occasional teachers, and education and professional support personnel in Ontario’s elementary public schools.
ETFO AQ is a lead provider of professional development courses in Canada and is well respected for providing quality learning courses that are current, focused, and practical. We are proud of the strong foundation that we have built based on learning and community.
Leading the ETFO AQ Way
ETFO AQ courses are unique from those offered by other providers as our courses are created by educators for educators.
Candidates are provided with a superior and unique learning experience:
- Content is developed by educators who understand effective and practical teaching strategies working within the realities of today’s classroom.
- Courses are regularly revised using candidate feedback.
- Course offerings reflect current research and strive to increase the accessibility and equity of professional learning for all educators.
- Opportunities for reflective practice, community building, and engaging in meaningful professional dialogue while recognizing and respecting the delicate work life balance of educators.
- Our course instructors have extensive experience in their field of study and current understanding of what is expected of educators in Ontario classrooms. Instructors regularly participate in job-embedded professional development and this knowledge is shared with candidates within each course.
As an accredited AQ course provider, ETFO AQ follows the curriculum guidelines and hours of study as set by the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) and required by legislation.
Please visit the OCT website for course guidelines and to learn more about prerequisites and specific requirements.