You must register for the proficiency test before you register for the FSL Part 1 AQ course, unless you qualify for an exemption. Please see details about exemptions below:
The following qualifications would exempt candidates from the proficiency test:
- A bilingual certificate (from high school French Immersion program)
- Graduated from a Francophone Secondary School (official transcript required from the secondary school)
- A major in French language, linguistics or literature (official transcript required from the post secondary Institution)
- A B.Ed in a Francophone B.Ed program
- DELF level B2
You will need to provide proof of one of the above before being exempt from the proficiency test.
Documentation for exemption from the FSL proficiency test must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org at time of registration.
Candidates must have an active OCT number to register for the FSL proficiency test.
The test cannot be taken twice within the same session. There are no refunds or deferrals for a French Proficiency Test.
Upon successful completion of the test, you may enroll in FSL Part 1.
Note: You must register for the FSL Part 1 AQ course within the session that you pass the FSL proficiency test. If you are unsuccessful on the proficiency test, you may try again at a subsequent session of your choice.
- OCT member in good standing with a permanent or temporary teaching certificate
Opens October 24, 2023
Closes November 17, 2023